The Lawns in Rochford

SXPhil

Is this the one actually at the the Lawns, or Southend Gun Club 100 yards down the hill.

I used to shoot at the Lawns but thought it had shut down, I live locally, close enough to hear the shots.

Not heard any for years, only the Sunday Morning one down the hill.

Neil. :)

Not to be confused with miserable ******* at Southend Gun Club

Many years ago I bought my first new shotgun from Chris Potters, while there I met and got talking to a couple of blokes who then invited me to shoot at that place the next day, just so I wouldn't have to wait a week.

Very nice of them I thought, until the next morning when I arrived all keen to try the new gun, what a welcome I got :angry:

I stayed just long enough to tell them all to go to hell, I have to say though the 2 blokes who asked me did look a little ****** off about it, and left at the same time as me.

I have never been back, and wouldn't now if it was the last place in the world.

Many years ago I bought my first new shotgun from Chris Potters, while there I met and got talking to a couple of blokes who then invited me to shoot at that place the next day, just so I wouldn't have to wait a week.

Very nice of them I thought, until the next morning when I arrived all keen to try the new gun, what a welcome I got :angry:

I stayed just long enough to tell them all to go to hell, I have to say though the 2 blokes who asked me did look a little ****** off about it, and left at the same time as me.

I have never been back, and wouldn't now if it was the last place in the world.

Got treated exactly the same

Fired of an email to CPSA as they were listed as my local club which was also ignored

Cancelled membership of CPSA and joined BASC

as you said wild horses wouldn't drag me there

Got treated exactly the same

Fired of an email to CPSA as they were listed as my local club which was also ignored

Cancelled membership of CPSA and joined BASC

as you said wild horses wouldn't drag me there

Yup same here, CPSA didn't want to know, so stuff them.

I rarely shoot the shotgun these days, but would I suppose if the Lawns still did a midweek one like they used to.

Spent many very pleasant days there :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I was just getting into shotties the shoot was called The Lawns Shooting School. Being a newbie to shotties I went and enquired about lessons. "Oh no we don't give lessons." Why call yourself shooting school then?

They still shoot Weds and Sats though as I shoot HFT just further down the track from there.