West Cowick

brimmer

Hi chaps, I just got my SGC and my first shotgun :) I'm going to a clay club in West Cowick with my Brother-in-law on Monday to try it out, so does anyone know if there will be someone to give some shooting/safety advice etc ? I've been out a few times with guys from work shooting on private land using their own clay trap, but never been to a club before so not sure whats involved ?

I have a semi-auto 12g.

Any advice most welcome for a newbie :)

If you are talking about Park Lodge, yes there is an instructor there, but you will find he charges about £50 an hour! He did like to promote adjustable stock pads, (funnily enough sold at his local shop)all three of my mates were told they needed this doing. Nice bloke though, good coach, and knows his shooting, both Clay and Game.

Edited by Bloke

Hi chaps, I just got my SGC and my first shotgun :) I'm going to a clay club in West Cowick with my Brother-in-law on Monday to try it out, so does anyone know if there will be someone to give some shooting/safety advice etc ? I've been out a few times with guys from work shooting on private land using their own clay trap, but never been to a club before so not sure whats involved ?

I have a semi-auto 12g.

Any advice most welcome for a newbie :)

Great ground with nice staff. The coach (Andy) is a top bloke and a character so you'll be fine with him. Only thing is Park Lodge is closed on Monday's and Tuesday's

Great ground with nice staff. The coach (Andy) is a top bloke and a character so you'll be fine with him. Only thing is Park Lodge is closed on Monday's and Tuesday's

Closed ? damn it :angry: I was getting quite exited too :blush: will have to get Brother in law to take me to his permission instead ;)