Desert camo nets anyone

army646

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all

Yes Iam back.

Spent 3-4 hours today unravelling and cutting up the first of the 11x11m desert camo nets on our local football field.

I will post the photos in the next 48hrs.

Basically when the nets are cut down no matter how hard you try, you end up with an edge where the dressing needs securing back in. My first aproach was to tie the dressing back in using the tail end of the cut mesh, but this is very slow and labourious and I know that everyone needs them now. So what I have done tonight is to order some 75mmx1.5mm cable ties on 48hr delivery (clear for the desert, black for the woodland) to speed things up.

One thing I will not do is to supply you with badly finished ****.

The good thing is that I can now confirm is that the dressing coverage is 100%, not the patchy **** that is not UK MOD spec that I have seen being sold on the internet.

Basically the desert nets are the ones that I will do first. They are like a very light sand on one side and a darker colour on the reverse.

My back is mullered from all the bending and cutting that I have done tonight. My fingers ache like **** from all the knots that I have tied and my head is melted from explaining to the local youth what the hell I am doing and also from stopping local dog walkers dogs from sprinting all over the net whilst I am trying to cut it!

Once I have got the cable ties I wil get my back side in gear again and process them as quick as possible, work out the postage via Royal Mail (probably the easiest as far as collection from your local collection office is concerned)and let everyone know what the cost will be.

My next post will be the link to the piccys.

Sod it I am having a day out on the stoggies tomorrow!

Bear with me please.

Regards

Nidge

Me again

As promised to all interested parties with regards to the desert camo nets, please have a look at the following pics on photo bucket.

The link is as follows: http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g456/army646/

I will post photos of the woodland as I process them. I know that the desert are of more interest to most at press.

Any problems getting at the photos let me know.

Regards

Nidge

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all

Finally in a position to send out nets as discussed in previous posts

Before you commit to one of the woodland nets have a look at the 'photo bucket' link, where pictures are now posted.

It turns out that the woodland is what I would call a 'patch' net and not full cover, unlike the desert. But what I have done to counter this is cut the net at 5X3m (same price), so that they can be 'double draped' to give you a 5x1.5m run but with better coverage. Alternatively you could run some of the 'printed net/scrim' behind it.

Used one on Sunday 'double draped' which gave good cover and worked a treat.

Prices + postage costs (Post Ofice - Standard Parcels) are as follows:

Woodland 5x3m £20 + p&p @ £8.50(2.8Kg)= £28.50 - 14 left

Desert 5x2m £20 + p&p @ £5.50(2.0Kg) = £25.50 - 17 left

One of each of the above £40 + p&p @ £12.00(4.6Kg) = £52.00

In the first instance, send me a PM to let me know which you would like and include your address details. If you include a contact number, I will give you a call, or alternatively I will reply to your mail and include my Paypal address to send the money to.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Nige