My new rifle

goldypurple

Nice rifle. Are suppressors commonplace in the UK? In the US we can have fire-power galore, but for some reason suppressors are deemed dangerous....go figure. Too much Hollywood, perhaps.

Dangerous?? Geez, we get them as a result of health and safety...i.e.to protect our hearing...:) I'm not too long back from the US, and had a range day...I was shooting mainy pistols, but in the next booth there was a guy shooting a .308, with NO mod...I was nearly deafened, and I had ear defenders on....:) weird or what??? They must be illegal, cos, I was at the Del Mar gun fair, and didnt see a single one for sale...meant to ask about them, but was too agog to remember, as there was a sale on Garrand M1 Carbines, seems almost everyone had one over their shoulder...LOL....and they make moderators illegal?? ...:)

BTW, Luckshot...sorry mate for hijacking your thread....NICE gun...and a bargain..my mate has the 550, a lovely gun....:) well done you mate...hope you enjoy it..:)

Edited by Norrie

Dangerous?? Geez, we get them as a result of health and safety...i.e.to protect our hearing...:) I'm not too long back from the US, and had a range day...I was shooting mainy pistols, but in the next booth there was a guy shooting a .308, with NO mod...I was nearly deafened, and I had ear defenders on....:) weird or what??? They must be illegal, cos, I was at the Del Mar gun fair, and didnt see a single one for sale...meant to ask about them, but was too agog to remember, as there was a sale on Garrand M1 Carbines, seems almost everyone had one over their shoulder...LOL....and they make moderators illegal?? ...:)

BTW, Luckshot...sorry mate for hijacking your thread....NICE gun...and a bargain..my mate has the 550, a lovely gun....:) well done you mate...hope you enjoy it..:)

Not my thread Norrie :lol: but got to agree it does look like a nice rifle :good:

Edited by Luckyshot

They must be illegal, cos, I was at the Del Mar gun fair, and didnt see a single one for sale...meant to ask about them, but was too agog to remember, as there was a sale on Garrand M1 Carbines, seems almost everyone had one over their shoulder...LOL....and they make moderators illegal?? ...:)

They require a conversation/filing with the FBI/ATF (MI5?), a "tax stamp" and a gunsmith that actually knows what one is. You are easily talking $2k US when it is all said and done. You can buy a lot of hearing protection for that kind of hassle.

BTW, the gov't sells us M1 Garands as part of the Civilian Marksmanship Program....hence the profuse numbers you saw.