A night fox shoot and the first morning of the new duck season!

bull dog

Me and a shooting friend of mine decided to go out 11pm Wednesday eve to try and get ourselves a couple of foxes before welcoming in the new duck season.

We decided to go to one of our usual spots and use the lamp to try and claim yet another trophy or two!

After a couple of hours of patrolling the 6 fields on the land and endless calling and lamping, about 125 yards away were a set of glaring eyes beaming straight back at me and into the lamp. :yes:

The fox was sat behind a raised mound of dirt so at the time only the eyes and ears were visible. After about 5minutes of calling and coaxing the fox in, it stood and showed me a clear shot.. That was enough for me.. Bang, and the fox dropped.

post-12952-0-37065800-1314888391.jpg

1-0. :good: Thats 2 vixens in 2 days on the trot now! :)

We then stalked another fox through a field that ran parallel to where we were, and this one was about 150yards out, lamp on, eyes gleaming.. Another foxy dropped! This time though it ran into long grass and was found slumped at the bottom of a very very steep ditch. 2-0 :good:

We also came across two lovely sized hare who were nice enough to sit and pose for a photo through my scope :lol: .. Another 2 for the bag!

After an hour or so of sitting tight the daylight started to break through so we put the rifles away and out came the Beretta's to welcome the duck!

Each of us placed on either side of the pond and ready to go, the first shot went up in the air, within a minute a dozen duck came flying over head and the both of us managed to bag 2 duck each in the first fly over. :D 2 shots 2 ducks.. Can't complain :D

After already being out since 11pm the previous evening we decided to stay put for half an hour or so, surely enough... More duck were kind enough to fly straight onto us and into the path of the waiting shotguns.. There are 6 ducks shown in the picture but we got 8 in total.. 2 were shot after the pictures were taken, they were cheeky enough to try and fly over as we were putting the guns away.. I don't think so... :sly: ! :good:

post-12952-0-99120300-1314888245.jpg

post-12952-0-42106400-1314888461.jpg

Hope everyone has a successful season, thanks for reading and happy shooting :good::)

Bull Dog.

Edited by bull dog