Dilemma!

gaffa9977

Ive decided to get a Air Arms TDR,but im having trouble deciding on which option to go for.Any input would be appreciated.

Option 1.

A regulated TDR from ben taylor .22(ten year warranty)

Option 2.

A calibre conversion from Hydro Graphics to .177,then have it reg'ed by Ben.

I know this smells like a .177 -.22 question,but i cant make up my mind(leaning towards Op1).Help a fella out chaps,what would you choose or whatever....cheers :good:

I have had a TDR now for about 9 months and I have to say I love it. I have thought about getting it regulated because it really does have a nasty power-curve and a small cylinder. Expensive but Ben is widely regarded as the best out there and you can't nock qaulity like that.

I find with mine when filled to 190bar it is a bit wild for the first dozen or so shots, then I get about 40 bang on the money, from there it varies (I guess on how fast I filled it and the conditions at the time).

Accuracy wise it is stunning, off the bipod I can't tell the difference between that and a 410 carbine my mate has.

I strongly considered the regulator and it was purely a financial thing that I didn't do it yet (new car).

If you have to have it break down [ I did at the time ] then I can't fault it. If you don't need that then I would certainly plum for the carbine. Larger capacity for starters, and you could convert to FAC if you ever wanted to later on (not really a sensible option with the TDR for capacity reasons).

I have had a TDR now for about 9 months and I have to say I love it. I have thought about getting it regulated because it really does have a nasty power-curve and a small cylinder. Expensive but Ben is widely regarded as the best out there and you can't nock qaulity like that.

I find with mine when filled to 190bar it is a bit wild for the first dozen or so shots, then I get about 40 bang on the money, from there it varies (I guess on how fast I filled it and the conditions at the time).

Accuracy wise it is stunning, off the bipod I can't tell the difference between that and a 410 carbine my mate has.

I strongly considered the regulator and it was purely a financial thing that I didn't do it yet (new car).

If you have to have it break down [ I did at the time ] then I can't fault it. If you don't need that then I would certainly plum for the carbine. Larger capacity for starters, and you could convert to FAC if you ever wanted to later on (not really a sensible option with the TDR for capacity reasons).

Thx for the reply Pin.I really want a TDR,i like you have heard great things about Ben,so im gonna part with my cash soon.What calibre is your rifle m8?...cheers

Get it, see how you get on with it and take it from there.

You can always send it to Ben to have the reg fitted later on.

I use mine a lot and don't find the lack of shots and the curve a problem really, but I know how much better it will be once done and it will get done at some point, just not in a rush :lol: