Power info required

CoolhandMal

Hi all,

being a newbie to the world of the PCP was wondering if someone out there could explain to me the power difference between 150 down to 100,what I mean is,how much distance and penetration does a 22 pellet lose when the pressure drops to as low as 100?i have shot rabbits from 30-45 yards at 150-130 but I am a little reluctant to shoot them with any less power as I want a clean kill,looking forward to your experienced comments,cheers

I get consistent power from 180 to around 100, but it will depend on your rifle.

Best way to check is to get a chrono but if you don't have one you can just zero your rifle at around 170, which is likely to be within the "sweet spot", then fill up to max and shoot a series of targets, say 5 shots per target. You can compare them to see when the pellets start to drop below the centre.

buy a hw100 st or kt or rpaif 7 mk2 so its fully regulated so you dont have to worry about power loss because mint stops shooting full stop after 400 shots and wont fir euntill its filled up again because its fully regulated

Nah ta..I stick with my Hatsan AT44-10 awesome power and accuracy..!initially I just wanted to kno wether I was to expect a drop in power when the bar dropped to 100 but I have since learnt and now experienced the fact that there is not much difference in power loss as I shot a pigeon(head) this Morning from 55 yds on approx 100 Bar pressure.