My Home Made Compressor

nosibod

Hi,

I thought you all would like to see my new home made spring compressor for my Lightning XL.

But first of all I am petty new to air rifle shooting about 2 1/2 years now. I spend most of the time at Steve Smith Shooting Ground at

Dinnington on the outskirts of Newcastle upon Tyne, where there are a number people who are always ready to help. There are two lads

in particular MR B & MR T that I would like to thank for there help and support over the last couple of years. When i first bought my Lightning

Xl they showed me how to oil and grease certain parts, replace springs, etc etc They also help me make different types of targets. So making

the compressor take a little bit of there shoulders. Anyway, thanks very much lads, its greatly appreciated.

B

http://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/s455/nosibod/

Does it quieten the xl down at all as I have one and it's unbelievably "twangy" :oops:

I changed the standard spring for a Titan NO 1 Spring for the XL, it has had 3mm taken off the lenth and its made all the differnce in the world

before the spring change i was only getting power to 9.7 after the spring change i was getting just over 11.4 but now I've go it down to 10.8

and the sound of the spring is like music to the ears. I would definitaly recommened changing to the Titan No 1

i made my own compressor as well for my XL, wasnt as fancy as that one though :)the internals of the XL are absolutely rubbish, poor quality metal work bits sticking out everywhere. The hardest part is getting off that stupid scope ramp, grrrr. A good clean re-lube and dremmal job works wonder to the action and trigger.