Pigeons in F#!

secretagentmole

I am so glad the weather has warmed up. I was wearing the good old NBC camo (lined version). I saw the first up a tree, the first one home, obviously the race to roost had knackered him as I was able to stalk up into a good firing position and get a good aim. The BSA spat an Ultra Magnum at him and he came down hard. Thudded into the deck and never moved. Second one flew in with the main batch, about 40 birds in this flock, chose what appeared to be the fattest bird in range and fired again. Bird hits the deck, hard as the first, another good male bird...

Got bored so decided to walk around and see if I could get a shot at another roost. Went through the side wood and got a line on 3 smaller birds (females at a guess) on an outer tree. Aimed, fired, bird straight down again, but in the ruddy ditch. Problem. 4 string barbed wire fence. Oh well the camo was cheap enough, one leg through, get the foot planted firmly, lifting other leg through when bank starts to collapse. Barbed wire hits upper inside thigh as foot slips further. Luckily the charcoaled rubber inner stopped rusty barb ingress into skin, but it was closer than I like to things which I hold dear! Oh well, third pigeon retrieved, walked back round outside and scared a partridge and 2 male pheasants at roost, anyway nice little group! Mini Me seems to have got the hang of pigeons now!

pb1.jpg