HMR explosion!

adam f

I agree! If the hmr wasn't so damn good I'd switch back to .22!

I wonder what comeback I'd have with Winchester for sub-standard Ammo causing damage to my rifle and personal property?

It would depend on how good an attorney(barrister) you could afford. I am pretty sure that Winchester has an in house legal staff that is as good as can be bought. Not defending them ---just know how the game is played!

I don't shoot this cartridge BUT I am wondering if this has anything to do with barrel fouling. The .17 bullet has a very thin jacket and the grooves are correspondingly shallow in comparison with the .22 cal. In my .17 centerfire I can watch the chrono climb as the round count increases due to fouling/tighter tolerances. I know old school is don't clean a rimfire but the .17 is a new kid on the block and may require more frequent cleaning. Just a thought with no experience with this round.

Im meticulous with the gun - it's only had about 300 rounds though it and gets cleaned after every box of ammo I use.

Ive now had issues / missfires with both Winchester and Hornady ammo. I guess the post above says it all for me really - be careful and stay vigilant.

It's a shame as I now carry a cleaning rod when I'm out in case I get a bullet stuck... and after this I'm going to be checking the barrell after each round!

Im meticulous with the gun - it's only had about 300 rounds though it and gets cleaned after every box of ammo I use.

Ive now had issues / missfires with both Winchester and Hornady ammo. I guess the post above says it all for me really - be careful and stay vigilant.

It's a shame as I now carry a cleaning rod when I'm out in case I get a bullet stuck... and after this I'm going to be checking the barrell after each round!

An excellent practice, keeping a rod handy, nothing else quite does the job. I trust your cleaning regime involves solvent and brushes--not a pass with a bore snake.

Edited by coyotemaster