HW100 free floating barrel

Mad Nurse

Hi all

If I remove the barrel support band of my HW100, is the barrel connection to the breech strong enough to take the weight? Im mostly voncerned about how any knocks could affect it. I prefer the look of a free floated barrel and from experience with other makes of rifle have found it marginally improved accuracy. Im aware that the O ring can be removed from some aftermarket supports, giving the best of both worlds, but would prefer taking it off completely if poss. Im wondering why weihrauch would include one if it was not necessary.

Your thoughts gents :)

Hi all

If I remove the barrel support band of my HW100, is the barrel connection to the breech strong enough to take the weight? Im mostly voncerned about how any knocks could affect it. I prefer the look of a free floated barrel and from experience with other makes of rifle have found it marginally improved accuracy. Im aware that the O ring can be removed from some aftermarket supports, giving the best of both worlds, but would prefer taking it off completely if poss. Im wondering why weihrauch would include one if it was not necessary.

Your thoughts gents :)

ive had a few hw100,s and barrel has worked loose on two of them with the barrel band fitted.I wouldnt be very confident without a barrel band on mine.