What the chuff is .17h&R?..

That is one ugly gun! Look up the new Hornady Hornet if you want a cool .17 - I'm just in the process of having one made. :good:

Your new 17 will be the 17HH, next year maybe.

A

You two are onto something with the .17HH. Another interesting little round I'd like to build a gun around is the .22TCM. I first saw this little zinger in a 1911 pistol - a 9x19 case necked to .22. Why? Because it's possible... :)

Sterling : a note from Canada about change. We just got rid of the long gun registration law after a 16 year battle. Canada probably sits closer to the US gun philosophy than the UK but we had very poor lobbying skills years back. This changed and we made a difference in the last election. The law was changed because of us! I have followed your firearm laws for years and hope you also have a chance to return to some commonsense. We showed our opposition that we were not just a bunch of rednecks and farmers but a force to be respected. GOOD LUCK in the future

Thanks dogone. I'm dual Canuck/Brit, so I'm pretty familiar with the ups and downs of Canadian firearms laws. The registry was proven to be the pointless black hole for tax payers' money that every gun owner knew it was. Next steps I'd like to see; sort out the PAL/RPAL nonsense, legalise suppressors, easier wilderness carry and armed home defence laws which don't favour the criminal. I'm still not decided on concealed carry in public yet.