Got more land this week.

Malc

We picked up 4 more farms for pigeon shooting this week. I don't really know how many we shoot in total now but I think it amounts to about 27 different farms and estates.

Anyone out there looking for shooting permission may be interested to hear about what one of the farmers said before he gave permission for us to shoot. He said, "your not going to burgle my house as soon as my back is turned, are you?" After that introductory statement, he went on to ask if we would be causing any damage or poaching his Gamebirds or leaving a mess behind. I found this quite extraordinary, as it was the farmer that came to us, rather than us asking him for shooting permission. So even though he actually wanted us to shoot his 3 farms, he was still worried about being turned over. We obviously did a good job of reassuring him because he did give us permission.

I'm only putting this info on here to try to help those seeking permission. Lots of farmers I speak to seem to be very suspicious of people asking for shooting permission. This particular farmer was suspicious of us even though it was him approaching us and requesting our services.

I just think it is useful to know what kind of things may cross their mind when they are asked to let a stranger roam on their land with a gun.