BURRIS & GMK

Now a story for all,Just the way things are going ,no end yet . I was given a present 4 years ago by a late uncle ,of a Burris signature select 8x32-44 ,It was a Killer on Mr Fox, For no reason the Fplex reticle snapped ,So BURRIS LIFETIME Gtee, RETURN TO GMK in UK IN BOX WITH INSURANCE AND SIGN FOR, all done - no word from GMK,Phone ,'o yes your scope arrived ,will go to FINLAND for repair ? 6 weeks turn round ! AGH cub time , Anyway scope came back after 7 weeks ,sent from GMK -IN A PLASTIC BAG with some bubble wrap ,YES YOU GUESSED ,OBJECTIVE BELL STAR CRACKED, PUSHED IN , SCOPE RUINED -GMK please send back so we can judge ! So now waiting on GMK and BURRIS RESPONSE,will keep you all posted

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GMK have decided to send scope to Burris for their opinion ? Now how many of you guys would trust a scope if it was repaired after suffering a 'SHOCK TEST' which stress fractures objective bell? If I had damaged the scope and returned 'FOR THEIR OPINION' they would have THOUGHT 'DUSTBIN' -CLAIM OF YOUR OWN INSURANCE-IF WE COULD REPAIR, WE COULD NOT BE CONFIDENT OF ON GOING PROBLEMS DUE TO THE SEVERITY OF THE SHOCK THE INSTRUMENT RECEIVED,Then the punchline 'WE HAVE A SPECIAL OFFER ON ! .Now some of you guys must have an opinion or are you all SCARED of the BIG BOYS GMK because they deal with all the 'BIG' names ,would you like your Beretta SO 12 stock sent back in a plastic bag , your SAKO barrel sent in a sheet of brown paper,your High Class side by side enclosed in wallpaper and brown tape ? I have heard it all ,or thought I had until this farce .

STOP PRESS GMK on line -cant comment but have told me PRIORITY - The Burris experts will inspect,wonder if they are the same experts that recommend in terms of repair 'SEND IN BOX WITH INSURANCE AND TRACKING'suppose PRIORITY will be some time in the next decade,if it arrives in USA ? wonder if it will be in a plastic bag ?

I deal direct with Burris and they have been great but admit GMK don't uphold the same customer service level they do.

Hi, how do you manage that now , with the restrictions on scope export / import over 4X I would shi- myself customs would confiscate .The scope was 8-32X44 so restrictions apply .Thats the killer for anything from or to states ,I had a rifle wood stock returned -only wood but 'IT LOOKED LIKE A FIREARM' so £30 down the drain . Think surface shipping not so bad but thats 3 months !

Burris called GMK to sort out.

Been emailing Ryan Williams @ Burris customer support ,asking if they condone GMK attitude -But no reply . Dont get me wrong when the scope was on -it WAS on -dare I say as good optics as European I have Zeiss + Nickel Fixed But the old eyes are in need of a little more help

Have you tried calling them?

I have phoned GMK , would phone Burris but have found in the past all the promises in the world are useless ,you got to get them to put it in mail or letter - but having their names mentioned on forums is just as good ,you will note they dont join in . Shooting t*mes ,Spo*ting Gun, etc too scared they loose advert to print anything against customers

Not sure sorry l, it was 18 months or more ago

Cheers anyway it looks like a brick wall and bullsh*t all the way from both Burris & GMK , wonder if I displayed Photos and Text outside GMK tent at gamefair how long I would get before old bill came along ?

ANYONE ELSE WITH BURRIS CONTACTS ?

£3 Phone call but at least someone with some sense Joshua Lawley @ Burris - technical support manager no less, has stated verbally that in no way do Burris condone the sending of their optics in a plastic bag (so no surprise there).He also stated the international Burris sales team are on the case - BUT IT IS REALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH BURRIS as GMK caused the problem and should hold up there hands to bad practice . I think the only way Burris are concerned are by the use of forums like this. SO BE WARNED ALL YOU OUT THERE -GMK- LOOK AT ALL THEIR PRODUCTS THEY REPRESENT IN UK AND ASK YOURSELF -ARE YOU FEELING LUCKY - IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH THAT BERETTA SO 10 or THAT SAKO or THAT BENELLI or THAT FABARM or THAT FRANCHI GMK WILL BE OF NO HELP AND MIGHT EVEN SEND IT BACK IN A PLASTIC BAG .Waiting and hoping those cubs dont start spreading .Will let you know what happens next

Now there is more, Burris international sales have been trying to contact GKM ,but no reply (no surprise there) But assure me they will try again tomorrow. GKM can always use the time zone excuse but if they were gaining a big order what's the betting time zones would evaporate. Burris at least seem to be trying dare I hope ?

Now in complete dark GMK insist on waiting on report -But I am unsure who from(good delaying ) -Burris said they were not interested - wonder if MD of GNK would do without his limo if service garage run with no oil , but he had to wait 10 weeks to see if some one said the engine might work again with a scrapper engine and be just as good .I would strongly advise staying clear of any GMK 'REPAIRS'This is a TOTAL FARCE .YOU MAY THINK THIS IS JUST MOANING FOR MOANING SAKE ,BUT I DARE YOU TO ASK GMK REPS AT ALL THE BIG COUNTRY FAIRS FOR THEIR COMMENT ?

OOPS NOW I'VE DONE IF ,GMK have thrown the rattle out of the pram .Karen Don't want to speak to me any more, Don't think Burris do either,but I've forwarded last mail to Burris which stated 'THE SLIGHTLY DAMAGED' Scope had been sent to Finland not America for a Third party view of damage,Oh wait a minute GMK have already told me A CRUSHED AND STRESS FRACTURED OBJECTIVE BELL CAUSED BY UNKNOWN FORCE is 'SLIGHTLY DAMAGED'.Now I am no insurance expert but if any insurance accessors read this WATCH OUT BOYS ,your insurance wont cover your scope IF YOU CRUSH and kn*cker your BEL* EN* ,it will only be considered as 'SLIGHTLY DAMAGED 'and under your excess ,so no sense in buying high end scopes, GMK will access them and conclude the outcome for them .How childish can you get ,They contradict and mislead and don't give a ****.OWN UP YOU BOOBED BIG TIME (no pun bk)GMK ,TRY SOME HONESTY .

Edited by graiglearn

HAVE HAD RESPONSE FROM BURRIS ,THEY NOW BACK GMK POLICY ,SO THEY MUST BACK THEIR METHODS OF POSTAGE ,SO I HAVE ASKED BURRIS TO GO ON THE RECORD BY MAIL RATHER THAN SPEAKING ON THE PHONE .I DO WISH THEY WOULD MAKE UP THERE MINDS ,HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN PHONING UK OPTICAL REPAIR EXPERTS AND THEY HAVE STATED IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS 'ANY CRUSHING BY FORCE TO SCOPE BODY-THEY WOULD NOT CONSIDER FOR REPAIR -EVEN STEEL ' SO GMK & BURRIS MUST BE SO FAR ADVANCED THAN OTHER WORLD RENOWNED SCOPE MANUFACTURERS(one that starts with Z ) THEY CAN DO MAGIC .WAS TOLD PRIORITY -HOW LONG TO POST EXPRESS TO FINLAND -TO VIEW - TO PHONE OR EMAIL GMK WITH RESULTS .I COULD HAVE CAUGHT A FERRY AND TAKEN SCOPE MYSELF AND RETURNED INSIDE A WEEK !

Edited by graiglearn

I would get in contact with your local trading standards or CAB to see what they advise.

Nice thought but trading standards and citizens advice I have found Toothless ,The big company's just ignore them and there is nothing you can do to force them tackle a problem . However Poor old Burris that wanted to distance their company name being tainted ,but now back GMK are attracting attention to their company worldwide through guys like you and this forum -GOOGLE BURRIS FORUM we are up to second page ,not good for PR I would think ,wonder how long until senior management at Burris trip over the thread and start to ask questions.

Edited by graiglearn

Got confirmation today , UK repair centre that SELLS BURRIS BINOCULARS and carriesout repairs to binoculars and SCOPES would not be interested in trying to repair , They were kind enough to confirm by mail within one working day ,SO WHAT EXCUSE NOW BURRIS AND GMK ?

STILL NOTHING -So looked up GMK director profile Mr Karl Waktare - likes Game Shooting ,so thought I would write direct to HIM stating that ,probably not up to his standards my family shoot means a lot to my guests and beaters alike.PITY I CANT CONTROL VERMIN BECAUSE HIS COMPANY BROKE MY OPTICS AND ARE DRAGGING THINGS OUT TO MY DISTRESS, His days shooting would not be spoiled if in the background a fox did 200 partridge on the estates he shoots, IT WOULD MEAN 20% OF MY SHOOT.SO I HAVE ASKED HIM TO READ THIS FORUM AND REPLY ON BEHALF OF HIS COMPANY ! I also asked he forward my letter to his fellow director at BURRIS ,wonder if he also likes GAME SHOOTING ?