Half hour at the new perm and a coupe more squizzers!

Ant8681

The other night "Click" and I went to the new permission we picked up where the farmer wants us to rid him of his feral problem. We arrived just before it got dark and reported in with the farmer, after a quick chat we headed down to the barns, the first one we went into was full of them so on went the lamps and down came the pigeons. The farmer came with us and showed us the best spots but in all honesty it was easy! "Click" was using his FAC falcon so he was taking some long rangers, with safe backstops, and impressing the farmer, I was mopping up behind with the hw100. After Half an hour the rafters were empty, apart from the odd chicken so we moved into another barn but unfortunatly there were none in there. We checked a couple more but nothing, we had arrived too early and didnt wait for it to get dark so the pigeon had obviously made a quick exit and were now all hiding on top of the barns out of range, a shame but at least we have some more for another night! We ended up with 23 ferals picked but plenty more stuck in the rafters and in with the beef cattle that we were told to leave as it was too dodgey (I had visions of the team wild run in with a cow!!) the farmer was well happy.

Sorry the pic is poor quality but you get the idea.

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r559/Ant8681/mail1.jpg

Yesterday I went over to my mothers again to try and get rid of the sqizzers that have been scaring off the woodpeckers, I had only been set up for ten minutes before the action started and I had bagged a jackdaw. Not long after the crows started to come down and as I have been asked to thin out the rookery I took one out with a clean head shot, it wasnt long until another of his mates made the same mistake and he came tumbling out the tree as well. Half way through my cup of coffee the first squiz (#41) made an appearance, he sat on the edge of the feed tray until a crosman to the bonce knocked him off! I had all but given up and was just about to start the roast when another squiz (#42) made its way down the path to the bird feed, I readied the rifle and when he paused for a sniff he too copped a crosman in the back of the head dropping him on the spot!

I have shot three squirrels in three days off that bird table and as I am sat here writing this my mother has been on the phone and there is another one sat there so looks like #43 will soon be on its way to the big oak tree in the sky very soon!

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r559/Ant8681/mail2.jpg