phone chrono check this out

storme37

It measures the time between the muzzle crack and the metal target being hit then calculates the speed of the pellet. You need to enter a few variables (distances and pellet grain, shape etc) and it does the math for you.

That's a different thing made by the same people - the is an iPhone and an android app called Chrono Connect Mobile that uses the inbuilt microphone to calculate the speed then it works out the ft/lbs when you input the pellet weight and ballistic coefficient.

That's a different thing made by the same people - the is an iPhone and an android app called Chrono Connect Mobile that uses the inbuilt microphone to calculate the speed then it works out the ft/lbs when you input the pellet weight and ballistic coefficient.

Yep thats right, the PC version connects to a real chronoscope and gives similar info to the app, the iPhone version is in the works at the mo but the Android version is available now and doesnt need to be connected to anything as It does indeed use the sound and pellet info to work out the speed and power of the shot and it is usually within 10fps (+/- 5fps) of a chrono readout when setup correctly. :D

Some guns it can have a problem with but this can usually be sorted by changing the actual device/target distances or trying with/without silencers etc. If it gets a nice clean sample the math is sound.

On my SLR98 it reads very high shots (100ftlbf sometimes) because of the inertia weight in the piston causing a double bang from the muzzle but theres even a setting to counteract that in the app. ;)

At the end of the day its better than shooting a can/the floor/a yellow pages to get a power indicator on your gun which was my intention when I started writing it. :good:

Cheers

Stot

Good work - a very elegant solution :-) I have it on my tablet but have yet to try it out.

Jay

Yep thats right, the PC version connects to a real chronoscope and gives similar info to the app, the iPhone version is in the works at the mo but the Android version is available now and doesnt need to be connected to anything as It does indeed use the sound and pellet info to work out the speed and power of the shot and it is usually within 10fps (+/- 5fps) of a chrono readout when setup correctly. :D

Some guns it can have a problem with but this can usually be sorted by changing the actual device/target distances or trying with/without silencers etc. If it gets a nice clean sample the math is sound.

On my SLR98 it reads very high shots (100ftlbf sometimes) because of the inertia weight in the piston causing a double bang from the muzzle but theres even a setting to counteract that in the app. ;)

At the end of the day its better than shooting a can/the floor/a yellow pages to get a power indicator on your gun which was my intention when I started writing it. :good:

Cheers

Stot