days shooting

topcatcully

Had a day off work today, and of course went pigeon hunting,first went to some standing wheat that had some rook damage in one corner and set up there with pigeon and crow decoys, bit quiet, had three pigeons and a jacdaw in about two hrs, so decided to pack up, i new of a patch of barley stubble next to a field i'd made hay on a week or so ago, i haven't got perm on the stubble so i set on the hay field under a good flight line, had a cracking afternoons shooting with both pigeons and crovids decoying in, so don't be affraid to set up on grass, worked really well today, most pleased! happy shooting.

Good 1 mate, How many did ya finish up with?

14 pigeons, 2 crows, rooks and jackdaws 20+, there aren't vast amounts of pigeons around here 20 bird days are a good day, a friend of mine is a game keeper on one of the large estates and he's only ever heard of one person having an 100+ bird day,rooks are a bigger problem in this area, i was well happy with my day, going to southern countys tomorrow to break some clays :good:

Edited by topcatcully