Rooks again

Darno

Well after the success of last time we thought we would have another go.

We got to the farm before sunrise and set up the hide and decoys.

After about 4hours we had 6 rooks, but we're fed up seeing the rooks all pitching in on the neighbouring farm so we decided to pack up and call it a day!

On the off chance we thought we would go and ask the neighbouring farm if we could shoot there and we're surprised when he said to "help ourselves":-)

We only had a few hours left but ended up with 35 rooks and a few jack doors!

Farmer said we are welcome back any time:-) happy days!

sounds like first attempt wasnt were they wanted to feed. top tip: you have to find were they are feeding and set up ther next morning. doesnt always work but if there there night before, then chances are they will return in the morning. again well done 41 less for tge farmer to worry about. good shooting

Thanks alot, just got back from seeing another farmer who has a huge farm with lots of arable as well as grazing for rabbits.

The farm is about half a mile away from where I live and he said since I'm local I can shoot there:-)

Getting a nice bit of land together now, I have the neighbouring farm aswell.

Thanks for the advice on rooks to mr williamson. Where are you then?

Thanks alot, just got back from seeing another farmer who has a huge farm with lots of arable as well as grazing for rabbits.

The farm is about half a mile away from where I live and he said since I'm local I can shoot there:-)

Getting a nice bit of land together now, I have the neighbouring farm aswell.

Thanks for the advice on rooks to mr williamson. Where are you then? not a problem mate your welcome. it takes time to build up land. i have 7 farms of my own permision 1including my cousins farm. and 7 seperate farms joint permision with my shooting buddy. took 4years to get the land i have now but still get farmers on other farms asking me to call in and shoot on theres when they nead me. i live in cumbria mate, lots of crows up here lol not so many pigeons tho, as its mostly beef and lamb farming. once you get to no farmers and vice versa they will recomend you to other farmers. hope you get many more decent decoying days. if theres anything youd like help with drop me a pm.

mr williamson