Removing Cylinders

rem700

I have just bought a second hand Stalker Tiger Ten LE. It is based on the BSA Super Ten action. It is an older model that does not have a quick fill. I have to take the bottle off to charge it. Without the manual I am not sure if I am doing it safely. Each time I unscrew the bottle I get a sharp release of air. I would expect some release but this sounds like a full charege. I have tried different ways, bolt back, bolt forward, firing off, not firing off but still the same. Any advise please on the correct action for removing the bottle to recharge as I dont want to damage the gun or myself.

If its the same has a super 10. What you do is turn the buddy bottle about 1 1/2 turn then fire the gun six to ten times till air stops coming out of the barrel.

If it still firing air out of the barrel give it another 1/2 turn and fire till air stops coming out of the barrel.

What you are doing is discharging the air regulator.

If you don`t do this you are releasing 3000 psi past the o ring on the buddy bottle and that usually ruins the o ring.

And it doesn`t do the brass threads much good.

If you go on YOU TUBE and put in Super ten theres vids on how to take the buddy bottle of and fill it.

There`s also vids on sorting the 10 shot BSA mags.

If you need new o rings for your buddy bottle there`s loads on ebay. A 10 pack for a couple of quid.