Mossberg 935

£475

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Excellent Condition Newton Le Willows, Merseyside
Semi-Automatic, -, -, 28" barrels
Photo

Description

Mossberg 935.

Semi auto 3.5" chamber. Will also cycle 2 3/4" shells.

This gun is in fantastic condition and has had less than 200 rounds through it.

In my opinion these guns are great value. They are built to last and simple to use.

Selling due to change in circumstances and insufficient use.

Complete with sling, 3 chokes, choke key, stock shims and original owners manual.

Will consider RFD transfer.

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member nickologjam. Message them here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm tempted but I've just read the instruction manual online which states that "MOSSBERG® 935TM MODELS ARE DESIGNED TO FIRE 3" AND 3 1/2" 12

GAUGE SHOTSHELLS ONLY!". This would potentially be a problem since I like the ability to shoot light loads on clays and pigeon shoots... Can you confirm/deny that this is the case? Have you tried it with 2.75" shells and had any problems with ejection? I know my Benelli M2 cycles 21g cartridges all day long so wonder whether it's just a bit of 'spin' from Mossberg so they don't get sued if an American customer's gun fails to cycle short rounds.

Hi Remy, thanks but I know these guns will shoot slugs as I've seen videos on YouTube of our American cousins bashing box loads of slugs through them. My doubt lay around their ability to cycle say 28g 67mm trap shot without a failure to eject. I have extensive experience of sensitive semi autos refusing to cycle certain common carts, and it becomes a pain, meaning the gun gets left in the cabinet or traded. If the seller assures me it will cycle light loads without a hiccup, it could be my next gun!

Sorry to hi jack the thread guys but a quick question......

Salty, what 21gram cartridges will your Benelli M2 cycle and how much work has it done ?

Because my M2 (sub 12months old) wont cycle hull comp x 21gram nor express high volocity comp 21gram !

But there is a guy on you tube with a FAC M2 and it cycles eley first 21gram every time !

ATB

Matt

Hi Salop Sniper,

Eley First LIte 7.5 shot 21g (Plastic wad) are the only ones I've used. I bought a box as an experiment just after I bought the gun to see whether it would handle them. I was fully expecting problems and would then havetried 24's, 28's etc.

Loaded 3 in and fired it as quick as I could (at night) to be rewarded by a dragon's breath from the end of the barrell, 3 rapid bangs and the fun of picking up 3 black empty cases from the ground (ploughed field) by torchlight!

I bought the gun used, but it had only fired 75 cartridges as the previous owner was a rifle guy who'd bought it to take clay shooting but only went once, so he traded it against a new stalking rifle (at the RFD I bought it from). The gun looked like new, and I had no reason to doubt the story.

One tip I'd say is that because of the inertia system I've heard it's wise to hold the stock tight into the shoulder when firing, so it can cycle efficiently. I've always done this and haven't had a single Fail To Eject.

If I had one that didn't cycle light loads I'd be tempted to strip it, clean it thoroughly, keep re-oiling to a minimum, and then bash a few boxes of 32g 6's through it in pretty quick succession.

Let me know how you get on!

BTW. I was right about the 935 - it's a 'turkey gun/wildfowler' and designed to shoot 3 & 3.5 only, if you want to shoot 2.75's it's the 930 you need.