Lightforce 170 striker variable?

decoyally

Looking for a new lamp... My last ucaller has given up and thinking of getting the lightforce 170 variable dimmer! Any views on this light, seen a couple of posts and mainly have good feedback! Also I have to 12v 7 ah sealed batteries! Does anyone else have a better power source.. Like bigger batteries or lithuim ones. Anyone know where to buy it aswell.. I'm from n.i! Thanks ppl!'

Looking for a new lamp... My last ucaller has given up and thinking of getting the lightforce 170 variable dimmer! Any views on this light, seen a couple of posts and mainly have good feedback! Also I have to 12v 7 ah sealed batteries! Does anyone else have a better power source.. Like bigger batteries or lithuim ones. Anyone know where to buy it aswell.. I'm from n.i! Thanks ppl!'

HI

In terms of batteries, the lithium ion batterys are the way to go if you have £200-£230 for 22ah. I was tempted but instead changed my 2 7.2ah batteres to two new 9ah batteries giving me 18ah - should last me 2-3 hours. two batteries from Deben £50. Im also using a lightforce 170 (100w bulb) but no dimmer.

BB

Was thinking off upgrading my bat.. Thanks for that! Do you hook them up together or separate then just change over when one runs out?

No, i wear both on a belt (go to deben website and you will find the complete kit inc batts ir just the belt pack. Both run at the same time giving you 14.4 (2x 7.2ah) or 18v (2x 9ah batts) which is what i upgraded too. Just come home now from lamping and its lasted 2 outings of approx 2 hours. (Lamp not on for 2 hours each trip obviously) I personally dont feel or mind the weight of the twin batt pack. The rifle is however heavy with the lamp and bipod etc !

Let me knwo if you need more info.

BB