DIY gun rest and mug holder

agy28

Evening all.

Just a quick thank-you to all those who have posted on these forums over the years. I have been to them on a number of times and find them a mine of information. So, 2 days ago i decieded that I should get envolved and reather than just reading, I should post. Well I finally figured it out and here's my offering. Not a lot, but i find these two items handy.

DIY gun rest. Here's how I made mine. Cost less than £4 and you don't need a seperate pole to carry into the field.

Need to get yourself to a fixings outlet.. I used Vanguard fixings in Southampton. People that i use for work sometimes.

Bought pipe clamps/brackets as follows.... (get the ones with rubber grips, holds on hide pole better and protects your gun)

1/4 inch or 12-15mm pipe clamp ( adjust for your own hide poles) the pipe clamps come with nuts welded on (make sure it's the same as the stud bar or bolt your going to use)

21/2" of 10mm stud bar (I actually cut down spare bolt hanging around)

4" or 95-103mm pipe clamp. Once again clamps come with a nut on.

2 x 10mm wing nuts (or hex nut if going to be more perminant on your hide pole)

It's all simple stuff and saves a bit of money. OK...... Here comes the science......... pictures speak a thousand words

post-13971-0-49875400-1356191911_thumb.jpg

post-13971-0-04206100-1356191977_thumb.jpg

post-13971-0-96684900-1356191997_thumb.jpg

post-13971-0-32583500-1356192483_thumb.jpg

I used wing nuts so i can add and remove the gun rest when in transit, but you could easily leave them on. It's not that bulky.

If you buy 2 lots of the clamps you could substitute the larger 4" for somthing slightly smaller (measure your favouate thermos mug) and "hey presto" you got yourself a safe place to put ya brew on cold and frosty morning :good:

post-13971-0-74448300-1356196009_thumb.jpg

Once again, thanks to those who post and share their knowledge.

:santa: Merry xmas all :santa: