steiner binoculars

aister

I've got the Rangers which are less than half the price of the Hunters so bear that in mind. Thery're pretty good, the best, to my eyes, in the £400 group, but they're no better than looking through a 50 mm Duralyt at last light. I've had problems with the eye cups. Something has broken inside them and they spin round freely. Its a pain because of those eye flaps on the side. They spin round and get in the way. GMK will send them back for repair. I don't know whether I've been unlucky or this is a common fault.

As the Hunters are £1000, if it was me I'd be looking for some S/H Swarovskis. The Steiners will be close but they won't beat the Swaros. You'll get mint 7X42s for that money and you've got the lifetime guarantee. I'm keeping my Steiners for rabbit shooting and saving up for some Swarovskis for stalking.

They're Steiner's budget roof prism model. I was thinking of the Hunter XP which is their top-end model. Can't comment on those you have in mind, except that, as ever, you will only get what you pay for. I believe the warrenty cover varies between models too with Steiner. To be honest, I wouldn't want less than the quality of the mid-range Ranger Pro I'm using now for any shooting application, and for stalking, especially on heathland which I do a bit of down here, I could do with better.