Bit more of a productive day with the rifle

dazzyboi

Went out shooting today, didnt seem too promising when i got there as there was 3 tractors on the go gutting down a field of straw grass and wrapping it all up. I thought *****x to this there is too much noise, so i headed off to the other side of the farm.

Didnt see many rabbits about which is what i was primeraly hoping for, but crept up towards some woods and out pops a Squirrel about 25 yards away, thhhhhwwaackkk, sent a .22 pellet straight through the noggin.Unfortunatly i lost this little critter and was unable to find him in the undergrowth of the wood edge.

I carried on, didnt find much else so i decided to go and have a look back over the other side of the farm again, the tractors had gone, i crept up and seen a sitty tree covered with what looked like rooks or jackdaws, i headed over there but the ******* soon done a runner. I decided to sit undercover near the sitty tree and near some telephone poles as there was alot of activity from a few screetching magpies, they were flying over and landing on the field (potato and veg field) so i sat behind this bush on an embankment, waited for abit and i heard some screetching coming from the direction of the telephone pole, there was some magpies somewhere in the bush but couldnt quite seem them, anyway all this screetching lured in another magpie from somewhere which landed directly on the pole about 30 yards away, i took aim and whack, puff of feathers and the bird began his decent, but once again into the undergrowth, unable to retreave :)

Thought i would head back now, as there were some cows following me, which included a bull, i got to the edge of the field and i heard some russling coming from a tree above me, couldnt see owt but i waited. the cows and bull getting in touching distance now, i thought ****** this, what ever is in the tree aint gonna move now, but then, i seen head and neck just poking around the tree about 10 yards up, another squirrel, lined up the scope and whack. he fell landing on various branches until he finally dropped to the ground.

Shame about the lost ones but pic of the squirrel can be found here...

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=23409