Browning 725 S1 Bead problem / warranty

DAVE_B

Hi all, a bit of guidance required.

I was out at a local shoot today, finished shooting was giving my gun a quick wipe over with a gun cloth prior to it going not the slip for the drive home and the bead simply pulled off under the cloth. I managed to salvage the bead but after inspection it seems to have snapped off. I guess it will be covered by the warranty. Has anyone any experience with Browning warranties? I see that you need to go back to a dealer, can I use a closer dealer than the one I bought it from. any idea what repair turn round times are like?

I assume the broken part of the bead in the rib will need to be drilled out. Anyone got any guidance re this sort of problem!

Dave_B

hello chap.

sorry to hear your bead broke off. your first point of call will be with the gunshop you purchased it from. it may be possible they will mend it if not they can take it up with browning. browning customer service if very poor i am affraid to say and could take a while.

Hi Ears, Thanks for the response. Well it's now SORTED. I spoke with Browning first thing, they were helpful but pointed me (as expected) at one of their dealers, they did say ANY of their dealers but explained if it was not the selling dealer they may charge to have the gun returned to them for a warranty repair. They also indicated that even if they went for a quick turnaround it may take a week or two. So I phoned my local and very obliging Gunsmith Lee from L.W. Butlers in West Wycombe (near High Wycombe, Bucks); I arranged to take it in at 3 this afternoon so they could take a look. It wasn't straight forward but 20 minutes later I walked out with the broken stud removed and a new identical bead installed and with a simple payment of £10. :good:

I could ask for nothing more and would once again highly recommend Lee's services. :yahoo: