Land/farm/woodland wanted for pheasant shoot

Bit of a long shot but where better to ask than the biggest shooting family in the Uk.

Myself and a group of friends, all experienced in Keepering and running of shoots, are looking to rent some land or woodland/sporting lease to set up or revive a pheasant shoot.

With a lot of shoots closing or land available I didn't know if any of you guys could put me in contact or let me know of any farmers/land owners that will be open to earning a little extra money. Or even if you have heard of any shoots packing up and the opportunity will be available.

I know most of you are either involved in shoots or shoot land for pigeons so thought you'd be the best to ask.

We are wiiling to consider in the following areas:

Rutland

South Lincolnshire

South Nottingham

South Derbyshire

North Leicestershire

Cheers

Col

PS. Not sure where is best to post this so may pop up in more than one place, appologies :)

My advice is if you know the local area and shooting community write up a letter to all the farms that to the best of your knowledge don't have a pheasant shoot on them at the moment. Print 30/40 (or however many you want) off and send them. That's exactly what I did. Typed in farms in Sussex into google and wrote down 30 farms from google maps that I thought didn't have shoots on and sent them all a letter. Low and behold I had 2 calls and 1 of them has now resulted in me having my own 300 acre farm at no rent to set a shoot up this year. It will cost you a few quid in stamps or petrol if delivering them, and a bit of time to get the addresses/suitable farms, but worked for me. Think I still even had the letter if you'd like a template to modify.

Good luck as it ain't always this easy. I feel very fortunate!

Harry