Free Day Out To Try Air Rifle Hunting Range.

Elk hunter

I'm a few air rifle shooters short to try my range out next Sunday. I have more than enough wanting to come but only a few have returned my pm. The rest have not opened them it over a week so have no wish to count on them.

So if there are 4/5 guys local who wish to try there skill for the day from around Melton/Leicester or further details below

Please PM me for directions.

10 Volunteers Wanted Sunday 21 April.

I would like to offer the Opportunity for 10 or so members from this forum to come over to my new range and test it for me.

It is just outside Melton 10 am 21 April.

I wish the range to have a baptism of fire so to speak, then the volunteers to give me honest opinion and feed back. Good or bad, as I wish to iron any bumps out before I open in May. You will be attending along with some guys off another forum so I have a mixed bag for the test.

The range is set on a hill with a large basin with a mound in the middle which is split into 3 sections for safe fun shooting. As well as other areas shoot. You can shoot any style or aided, you can stay at any section as long as you like and no set route. The only rule is safety but I hope this goes without saying.

Volunteers must have insurance plus as many air rifles you wish to use.

On the map below there is 6 sections, A,B,C,D,E,F.

Is to be a pure fun range, Tin can alley, shooting shot gun cartages and something else.

There is 4 benches for zero out to 40+ yards with target card holders.

Ground vermin, shooting up into an elevated bank out to 50 yards

Birds in the gorse, flat area shooting from under a tree into gorse bushes with the odd rat about too out to 40 yards

Mixed bag, anything form squirrels, birds, rats ect shooting from an elevated position down a steep bank of grass and gorse. Out to 50 yards.

Although F is not on the map Im not sure where to put it but there is an additional 10 knock down rabbits to fit in too.

In all there will be 50 animal/bird targets between C,D,E & F.

I do not think I will have the spinners by then we will see.

It's a free day out but is all are interested

Please PM me if you wish to attend.

Thank you for your time, myself and Paul look forward to meeting some new people

Andrew

212217dd672ba824a113951fbdb3b3d7.jpg

3f5d615f22644d4eb3774c7b2998acc7.jpg

Edited by Elk hunter

What a cracking offer! I would take you up on it but I'm bribing a mate with a days claying to look after my ferrets whilst I'm on hol! Hope you fill your spaces, give us a write up and let us know when you'll be opening for business!

Good luck!

D