FAC air rifle advice

Axeman1984

The AIrwolf MCT has two settings, Hi and low. High is 37ftlbs and the low 28ftlbs Its very useful as I can use bis mag 21grn on the high setting and an 18 grn pellet, jsb, AA etc on the low. The high setting really does pack a punch and huge range, but you can get ricochets, so the advantage of being able to use the lower setting in certain circumstances is obvious. It also extends the shot count on the lower setting. It could be considered a further advantage to have a 12ftlb setting for say barn work. The MCT doesn't have that. I guess that the reason for manual variable power, as in the case of the Air Arms FAC models is that its a simple knob on the valve. Machining two settings would be more costly than one restricting valve. The Airwolf MVT has a settable level all the way up I believe. Again, this would be so easy to manufacture into the programming, a nice marketing point for the purest possibly. But it does offer again the advantage of personalising your rifle. I don't think anyone would seriously have fifteen specific power setting uses, but it gives the choice of three rifles in one.

Edited by turbo33