Local Gun Shops

Alanl50

Hows this for service, I was out with my .243 rifle Wednesday evening, had one shot went home and when I went to clean my rifle and the bolt stop/release catch had fell down from its normal position so I could not depress it to remove the bolt well after much fiddling (with the rifle) I managed to remove the bolt I could see it he catch was not in the right/normal position added to my misery my wife asked me what was the little biro spring on the kitchen table for ??

Next morning I ring up Truelock and Harris told them my problem bring it back they said lucky for me they are open till 7.00pm on Thursdays, in I went Jason took my gun to his workshop and came back 5 mins later, gun diss-assembled showing me a broken screw that was the culprit, he told me he had never seen a screw broken before and didn't keep them in stock anyway he would have to order one perhaps it was my look of disappointment but I asked could I still use the rifle as it didn't affect the firing considering its bank holiday he said I could but he would prefer the rifle fixed, he then announced the would make one for me bigger and stronger than the original, pick it up Saturday morning, this I did today all fixed total cost of NOTHING. he wouldn't accept any money I bought this rifle from them secondhand earlier this year.

When I bought the rifle they said they guaranteed the rifle but I never thought to ask what or how how it was for.

I consider this a blooming good service.

Its pays to shop local!

Alan

Rifle is a Howa .243, 500 sporter, Stainless Steel.

+ ! for Trulock & Harris.

I bought a mag release extension from the USA for my Saiga 12 and the thread for the tiny screw to hold it in place was like nothing I had. Jason identified the thread and then loaned me a tap to do it myself which I thought very kind as these are after all the tools of his trade.

• 2 weeks later...