Green with Envy!

wattsowatts

Green with envy!

Just spent 15 minutes watching someone pigeon shooting on a section of flattened wheat opposite to a permission of mine. When I say opposite it probably about ½ mile, as the pigeon fly’s, from the nearest boundary on my permission.

Green with envy because the pigeon were acting like kamikaze pilots wanting to get into blow holes. The gun had set up their hide on the edge of very large blow hole and clearly in the middle of a flight line; it was a very good looking hide, it took me a while to pick it up. In the 15 minutes I watched through binoculars they killed 11 pigeon, if they keep up that ratio of kills to time they are sure to end up with a large bag by close of play this evening.

The envy stems from being denied permission to shoot the ground, having tried to gain permission a few years ago. Also the wheat that is on my permission is still standing up and there is no sign of any blow hole. I keeping my fingers crossed that this wind and rain today may lay some small patches.

It was great to see someone having some good shooting.