Hang on - wots all this stuff bout licences???

Wayne

:lol: K, I'm familiar with the WCA 1981, schedules, closed season etc, & I know that under the 1981 Act, I need to be an 'authorised person' to shoot stuff (so that means having permission from landowner etc).

But is there some licence thing I need as well as adhering to all that?? :lol:

Can some1 tell me of a web site or sthng dealing with this? (Is it DEFRA?)

(I shoot with air rifle btw.)

Wots next? Do I need a licence to make pies? ???

Thanks folks,

Wayne

Wayne

If your refering to "General licences" issued by Defra for the control of vermin etc then no you do not need a seperate licence hence the term "General" in the descriptive sense. Hope this helps

Col Pol

The only true licence you require is a Game licence if your quarry extends to the game species listed on it.

Sorry Col Pol, I'm bein thick here!

This 'general license' - is that sthng I need to apply for myself or is it like an automatic thing as long as Im an 'authorised person? In other words, do I need to apply for & hold a piece of a paper b4 I can legally shoot woodies, squirrels etc etc? How about pheasants, geese, rabbits? Ohhhh Im confused! (as usual!) :yp:

Thanx

Wayne

Wayne, this might help explain things,

Quote from BASC website:

Woodpigeon shooting is controlled by the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 in Britain and the Wildlife (Northern Ireland) Order 1985 in Northern Ireland. Woodpigeons may be killed or taken by authorised persons at all times. It is strictly prohibited to use any sound recording or live bird as a decoy.  Currently woodpigeon shooting continues under an open general licence issued by the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions for England and Wales, the Scottish Office Agriculture, Environment and Fisheries Department for Scotland and the Environment and Heritage Service for N. Ireland. No individual application is required for any licence

Q :yp: