still got a lot to learn...

steveyg

Got an invite late yesterday from Dando to shoot today,after some serious negotiation with her indoors I had a pass out..result

This a huge perm so trying to pin down a decent flightline and pigeons is not easy. We found 30+ plus pigeons feeding and steady flightline on some rape stubble so set up with a dozen decoys and a magnet with hyperflaps. Soon nailed a couple so out went the first two flappers.

The flightline improved however we couldn't get them to commit,this was probably the best flightline i have seen in my short time pigeon shooting however no matter what we changed we couldn't persuade them to decoy... :oops:

We had 3 flappers,dozen decoys,20 dead birds and put the the hyperflaps on floaters but still no interest.

We were shooting well however just couldn't get the numbers in to make a decent bag,a break for launch...dando had cooked some chicken wings the night before...blxxdy marvelous..good food,great scenery,good banter and a few shots...happy days.

We finished the day on 23,we worked very hard for these, not a great bag however what a superb day..really enjoyed it

got home and the good wife dished up a chicken dinner..didn't have the heart to tell her I had been eating chicken wings all day.. :lol:

Cheers Dando...quality day :good:

I have Still got a lot to learn.. :)

Your right steveyg it was hard going but very enjoyable, we had so much movement in the pattern it just didn't make sense, but no one said it was easy. As you said great day with some good banter and a Sunday lunch of Chicken wings and crisps, Oh how we live.