Deerhunter Ram trousers or Seeland keeper trousers

stan68

I have both these trousers, and they both have a place in my hunting wardrobe. I prefer the Deerhunter because of the fact that they are a bit more roomier in the fit and are warmer in the winter. I got the ones with the Hitena patches on the front which is good if you are moving through rough wet ground. The down side is that the rest of the outer material, once it is wet takes a long time to dry out.

The seeland as I stated are a bit more on the tighter side even though they are advertised as the same size, but then again me being on the larger side have noticed that all Seeland gear is made this way. The outer material is more robust and seems to repel the water better so there for do not take so long to dry out, indeed they tend not to get soaked any way.

The seeland are great for the wet weather we are having now, as long as you are not getting too physical as sweating can get a bit uncomfortable but when the snow is on the ground the warmth of the Deerhunter is much appreciated. You wont go wrong which ever choice you go with and if I recall there is not a lot of difference in price.