help with buying automatic

wayne 200

i am thinking about buying an auto what would be your recomendations for under a thousand pounds. Also your opinions on using an auto for pigeons in comparrison to an o/u. Also ive heard they are proned to jamming have you found this or this normally on the cheaper models. Any help would be appreciated many thanks wayne

:D Wayne i use both o/u and auto for pigeon shooting and find both guns have their pros and cons.

My Beretta 391 is great in a hide, never jams and is much easier to load without the barrel getting caught up in the net. The only downside i find is the laborious job of cleaning it afterwards as being gas operated there is much more work involved.

I try and judge the day in advance and if i think it is going to be a quiet day such as last Saturday when i only got 4, then i use the o/u simply for the ease of cleaning afterwards.

Fortunately i shoot equally well with both guns but on the times i get it wrong and have a hectic day while using the o/u which is a game gun and so lighter, then i will end up with a sore shoulder the next day.

The choice is yours .

:lol:

I've got a Beretta Urika AL391 synthethic, and can honestly say its perfect.

The gun comes with a customising pack, so you can fiddle to your hearts content. Im L/H and it even works for me! (i adjusted the angle of the butt), no need for glasses or anything. The gun does jam, but only on the first shot or so, as soon as its going it never jams and i would trust it.

I use it for pigeon and find it works very well. The Beretta choke pattern is brilliant as is the overall feel and design of the gun.

My bro's got the Tekyns Gold dulux version (think thats how u spell it). His cost £1000, mine cost £800. He paid for the fancy engraved stock, i didnt. The difference in shootablity is none, his gun has the looks and the 'wow' but guess who shoots better!

As you can guess i'm Beretta biased but i'd recomend it to anyone.

:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

yes the cleaning sux (but its worth it)