question about replacement deben battery

lancslad

In theory yes, however due to the way you will use the battery you need a "deep cycle" battery. Known as leisure batteries sometimes, they are designed to be discharged almost completely as part of their job.

Normal lead acid cells are not meant for this kind of use and won't last very long when used like that. From the cost I can't see those ones being the right sort, they could be though.

BATTERY PACK PERFORMANCE CHART

Battery pack AMP hours

Bulb

(watts) (7AH) (10AH) (14AH) (17AH) (20AH)

30 90 135 180 230 270

55 50 75 125 135 160

88 35* 58 70 90 115

100 30* 50 60 80 100

130 20* 40 50 60 80

The table shows life expectancy in minutes continuous use. Not recomended - gives short light duration.

I hope this helps out i had same problem, all was the matter of changing bulb and amps of battery/s to get right time duration

BATTERY PACK PERFORMANCE CHART

Battery pack AMP hours

Bulb

(watts) (7AH) (10AH) (14AH) (17AH) (20AH)

30 90 135 180 230 270

55 50 75 125 135 160

88 35* 58 70 90 115

100 30* 50 60 80 100

130 20* 40 50 60 80

The table shows life expectancy in minutes continuous use. Not recomended - gives short light duration.

I hope this helps out i had same problem, all was the matter of changing bulb and amps of battery/s to get right time duration

thanks , if i had a 12 volt 12ah battery i take it that means i need a 12 volt 12 ah bulb ?

Not quite.

If you have a 12v battery (regardless of capacity) you can use any 12v bulb you like.

The "AH" bit in the battery spec means "ampere hours" or how many amps the battery can provide over a period of one hour, a measurement of its capacity.

So, lets assume you have a 55w bulb on a 12v battery, you can use the formula p=v*i (power = volts multiplied by current).

So, by rearranging the formula, since we want to work out the current (i) and we know the voltage (v) and the power (p) :-

p = v*i so i = p/v (55watts/12volts = 5.58amps)

So your 55 watt bulb working on a 12 volt battery is consuming 5.58 amps.

If you had a 5.58ah battery, your bulb would be lit for one hour before the battery was flat.

So using the above, if you had a 12ah battery, and a 55watt bulb, you could expect about just over two hours (2 hours 5 mins) from it.

Hope this helps and doesn't complicate things too much :good:

Not quite.

If you have a 12v battery (regardless of capacity) you can use any 12v bulb you like.

The "AH" bit in the battery spec means "ampere hours" or how many amps the battery can provide over a period of one hour, a measurement of its capacity.

So, lets assume you have a 55w bulb on a 12v battery, you can use the formula p=v*i (power = volts multiplied by current).

So, by rearranging the formula, since we want to work out the current (i) and we know the voltage (v) and the power (p) :-

p = v*i so i = p/v (55watts/12volts = 5.58amps)

So your 55 watt bulb working on a 12 volt battery is consuming 5.58 amps.

If you had a 5.58ah battery, your bulb would be lit for one hour before the battery was flat.

So using the above, if you had a 12ah battery, and a 55watt bulb, you could expect about just over two hours (2 hours 5 mins) from it.

Hope this helps and doesn't complicate things too much :)

thanks mate i get the jist :)