not a bad morning

bongaanie

Myself and my mate went out this morning to one of my perms, as we have noticed a fair few birds coming out of the spinney and going on to a stretch of fallen maize which had been grown as game cover. We got there for 7 with a really strong south westerly wind blowing straight into our faces as it was the only place we could set up with a bit of cover, which made the shooting more difficult as the birds were coming in from behind us. Besides all the excuses a shooter can make, it didn't turn out bad in the end as the birds were coming in 1's and 2's and every now and again we would get a bunch of 8 to 10 coming to the decoys. The birds were decoying well for about the first 4 hours but then started to die off slowly, between the 2 of us we managed to get 11 and if it wasn't for shooting like 2 numpteys we could have had more, but as I have been told on here before it's not about shooting large numbers but more about enjoying the day out.