floater

tody27

i got a great pinewood floater for christmas. In my ignorance I thought i new how o use them, but now i hav realise theres more too them than ataching the crocodile clips!

Firstly; can the head of the bird flop or do I have to make it straight?

Also where abouts in my pattern should I place it. Before i got it i had a flying pigeon decoy which i always put at the back of the pattern, about 15 m from the end of the horse shoe.

Any advice would be appreciated.

tody

I have always used my floaters and in particular my magnet at the very front extreme right or left of any pattern. I find by placing these devices to the front of the pattern, woodies are naturally attracted by them but as they approach the pattern, their concentration is aimed at the focal point of the pattern - the landing zone. Anything in the approach to the landing zone is therefore scrutinized in their descent and may lead to an abortive approach because of their suspicions. Dont get me wrong, on some days I have birds that have just wanted to land with the devices and ignore the pattern but this not the norm. Hope this helps.