BSA Ultra repair

BigL

Hi, I have had my BSA ultra for about 18months, but it has now started to lose its charge over a couple days. Does anyone recommend any good repair shops preferably in south Kent. Or have easy is it to replace the seals etc myself. All advice welcome.

*If* it's the fill valve that's leaking:

My Ultra is circa 2007. When it started to lose air if filled with a bottle - but *not* with a pump - I consulted BSA. Not only did Chris send me fill valve O-rings FOC, but he instructed me on how to fit them.

It was the same story when a bolt sheared in my pre-banjo-pin Scorpion. (Which now *has* a banjo-pin...)

Funnily enough, I sent an email to BSA, yesterday, re the Scorp's trigger. Also, the Scorp's fill valve is exhibiting the same symptoms as the Ultra did. I assume another set of seals will fix it.

Finally, if you *do* fix a fill valve leak, remember that you can alter the entry angle if you want - mine's now filled from the side which allowed me to have a rod fitted to the underside of the stock to get the bipod much further forward.

I've always found BSA's aftersales support to be *very* good - drop them a line.

Regards,

Mark.