I am looking at getting a pulsar digisight 750 for rabbiting with a ruger .22. Can anyone tell me their experience with these sights. I have been offered an extremely good deal by our farm manager so long as I get out when he asks. But I dont want to shell out unless its worth buying and is up for the job. Lamping used to work on our ground but it seems someone has overdone it, a week or so ago I went out and it was obvious they were proper shy of any light at all.

Any thoughts most welcome

The sight picture is very good through the N750 when combined with a good quality IR LED torch such as an NM800IR. For use with a .22lr a Yukon Photon is adequate & 1/3 the price - they sit lower too. Trouble with a .22lr & an NV scope is the loopy trajectory - a Hmr is much better as judging distance isn't so much of a problem. If funds allow the Drone Pro from Armasite is awesome :good:

HTH

I understand the distance judging bit I have thought about scouting the sites during daylight sorting the gun placement then putting out a few markers at say 30, 50, 75 and 100 yds. Hopefully over time I will get to be able to judge the distance without markers. The farm have offered to help with cost but the pulsar is my limit on expenditure. Cheers