where to set up a pigeon magnet

22/250

hi guys i`ve just joined your merry gang and have taken up pigeon decoying as a change to fox and roe shooting and find it a little harder :lol: ..so here`s my problem.i`ve just bought a new pigeon magnet and i`m wondering where i should place it in regards to my decoys.. which are about a dozen birds in a hourse shoe pattern, any other tips would be good as i`m sure the pigeon`s some times have a good laugh at me.. :yp:.many thanks.

it all depends on the wind and the pattern of your decoys, if i do the horseshoe pattern pointing at me,ill put the magnet right at the front closest to me (but not inside the pattern). i find this draws them in quite close. ive even had them trying to land on it! :yp: i rate them 172 pigeons in a day was the best bag ive had with a magnet.....88 without!

Keep your Magnet away from your pattern preferably to the front extremes of your pattern. This will draw the birds and hopefully not spook them whilst approaching the pattern. Dont get me wrong, I have days when the birds do not want the pattern but settle for the Magnet instead but this is not the norm. If you can, arrange the birds on the arms so they are vertical and not horizontal to the ground, as if they were banking and make sure those wing flashes stand out. Like neilbe2, the magnet is a lethal tool on the right day - just be careful not to barrell it in error.