tomorrows another day

brooke

well im off back to the farm i was at on thursday,now the season is over i expect things to be quiet again.

the pigeons are still hitting the same field in their thousands,will be at the farm for 7.30 in the morning and hope everything goes to plan this time.

will let you all know how we get on ....... as most know the pigeon is a strange bird to predict,one shot could (and in my case does) put them off the field for good and i will be left scratching my head wondering where they went to.

wish me luck lads.....im gonna need it.

oh and one more thing is im going to try the new 6 shot i got a little while ago,but knowing me i will miss.

well just back in and cleaned the guns,saw a field nearer to the farm this morning and feeling lazy i opted to shoot it.

on arrival the field and trees around it were covered,walked all the birds off,while setting up they decided to try to get back in,i did nothing except get everything right for the day.

once in the hide it was only minutes before the first shot rang out,one woody in the bag,THEN........................................................................

..............................................................................no

hing for around an hour,when they started to go to the sitty trees.

we watched and waited but these birds were very reluctant to come in,did all i could with the decoys,but for every bird shot i bet there was another hundred that didnt even notice the decoys or flew to another field.

all in all around 40 birds between two of us.

just cant understand how the thousands that are around wont decoy very well.

ah well roll on next week and try again.