Got Permission

Rossi46

At last I have got myself some permission :P

Its 4 grass fields and the farmer said the pigeons go mad for the clover on it :good:

But.................. he has also got horses on them, he said as long as I don't shoot next to the horses he does not mind. I'm still worried that even if I move away from them they will still spook with a shotgun going off.

Can anybody advise me on what sort of distance I should be from the horses or do you think it might be best to leave it.

cheers

At last I have got myself some permission :P

Its 4 grass fields and the farmer said the pigeons go mad for the clover on it :good:

But.................. he has also got horses on them, he said as long as I don't shoot next to the horses he does not mind. I'm still worried that even if I move away from them they will still spook with a shotgun going off.

Can anybody advise me on what sort of distance I should be from the horses or do you think it might be best to leave it.

cheers

At last I have got myself some permission :good:

Its 4 grass fields and the farmer said the pigeons go mad for the clover on it :lol:

cheers

Having kept horses for a number of years actually in the middle of a commercial shoot, I have seen first hand how they easily become accustomed to shooting provided you dont shoot too close ie 100yds. they soon get used to it after a short while, I would suggest you try shooting a couple of times at a good way off with the wind towards them to judge the reaction and gradually move closer over a week or so.

We had drives next to the paddocks and the horses just moved to other side BUT not all animals are the same so be careful and take it slowly, if you cant shoot on the fields sus out the flightline they are using and get the ******* that way, good luck D2D :P

No they are not his horses.

Do you thinks using a hushpower shotgun would be ok?

Dusk2dawn

He said the horses stay in the fields all the time (no stables) so I would assume they would hear shots from other shooters, also I could get about 200 yards away from them. cheers

No they are not his horses.

Do you thinks using a hushpower shotgun would be ok?

If they are not his horses then as Kirky said dont go near them.

He has no right giving you permission to shoot near other peoples horses.

Find the flightlines to the clover, explain the sit, re the horses/cant shoot,to the surrounding landowner, pray for a windy day and your away :P D2D.

At last I have got myself some permission :lol:

Its 4 grass fields and the farmer said the pigeons go mad for the clover on it :P

cheers

Having kept horses for a number of years actually in the middle of a commercial shoot, I have seen first hand how they easily become accustomed to shooting provided you dont shoot too close ie 100yds. they soon get used to it after a short while, I would suggest you try shooting a couple of times at a good way off with the wind towards them to judge the reaction and gradually move closer over a week or so.

We had drives next to the paddocks and the horses just moved to other side BUT not all animals are the same so be careful and take it slowly, if you cant shoot on the fields sus out the flightline they are using and get the ******* that way, good luck D2D :P

take this advice but make sure your insurance is up to date mate :good:

you can never be to careful

kirky