swap

mike222

Have a bump.

Brilliant fun.

Plenty of smoke and flame not to mention the BOOM

Running materials will be, unless any included

Wad punch £12 from Henry Kranks, or bog roll on top of powder then on top of shot!, Honest it works a treat

Powder measure £15 , Henry Kranks

Percusion caps £3 for 250, good gun shop

Pyrodex RS, black powder substitute and does not require BP license, approx £23 a pound. Plenty of shooting and available from any good gunshop.

Lead shot appprox £15 for six pounds in weight, Henry Kranks or good gun shop.

If you've never shot one before, they are very effective and will take game and vermin at all modern ranges.

I used to shoot a Pedesoli double barrel 12 bore muzzle loader and was always given prime locations by the keeper and captain on a pheasant shoot, because it was seen as being more sporting and in the best , ie old, traditions of the sport to take to the field with a piece that required more interaction than popping in a couple of cartridges in a matter of seconds. A sort of peg jumping pass that always produced some great shooting and even greater entertainment from fellow guns as the reloading gymnastics got underway!

Hi matey,

From a previous message from you I seem to recall this is a smoothbore which means SGC. If this is the case you might get more interest as not that many people would be looking for a 12ga black powder rifle. :unsure:

Cheers

Thank,s for that mate, i'm not to familiar gauges on b/powder wepons only used it for reenactment purpose' the wording on the barrel is BLACK POWDER ONLY 12 GA

Have a bump.

Brilliant fun.

Plenty of smoke and flame not to mention the BOOM

Running materials will be, unless any included

Wad punch £12 from Henry Kranks, or bog roll on top of powder then on top of shot!, Honest it works a treat

Powder measure £15 , Henry Kranks

Percusion caps £3 for 250, good gun shop

Pyrodex RS, black powder substitute and does not require BP license, approx £23 a pound. Plenty of shooting and available from any good gunshop.

Lead shot appprox £15 for six pounds in weight, Henry Kranks or good gun shop.

If you've never shot one before, they are very effective and will take game and vermin at all modern ranges.

I used to shoot a Pedesoli double barrel 12 bore muzzle loader and was always given prime locations by the keeper and captain on a pheasant shoot, because it was seen as being more sporting and in the best , ie old, traditions of the sport to take to the field with a piece that required more interaction than popping in a couple of cartridges in a matter of seconds. A sort of peg jumping pass that always produced some great shooting and even greater entertainment from fellow guns as the reloading gymnastics got underway!

Iv'e never used it with lead, fired it a few times with just a b/powder cartridge so havent got any bullet moulds etc reading the reanactment manual you need things like goose grease for the patches + all the rest you mentioned, i'd rather buy a tin of pellets.