shooting land in wiltshire

hey guys,

im after the impossible !!!

im looking for a bit of land in wilts, near swindon if poss for a little r/f and c/f target practise,

i have permissions in oxfordshire but im looking for something a bit closer to home so if i fancied a quick plink after work i wouldnt have a 60 mile round trip to look forward to,

i have an open ticket so thats not a problem, all im after is somewhere a bit out of the way that i could pop over to maybe once a week and shoot a few rounds at some targets (100m ish) to keep my hand in....so to speak

im not expecting this sort of favour for free so willing to pay for the privilage, also i must stress that im not looking to shoot anything other that paper (and possibly a cheeky water balloon or 2 !!) so your hunting wont be touched and i obvs have full insurance

if anyones has or knows of anything suitable please give me a shout

cheers all :)

• 4 weeks later...

well perhaps it is impossible after all :|

tbh im not that surprised given another thread about a sneaky swine trying to swipe a guys permission

anyhow, just incase .......... as said i just need enough space (with at least a decent backstop) for target practice at around 100 yds, happy to pay for the use of, perhaps you have a non productive corner someplace that you would rather turn into £££ with no hassles

thanks again :good:

If your just after a bit of plinking is there no indoor/outside ranges you could join in your local area ? Good luck anyway. ATB 425

nothing for c/f that i know of bud, going down to the tunnel in dorset next week to check zero on my 308 and waste a few rounds but i feel if i make a habit of that it may get real expensive real quick :lol:

Try Corinium rifle range. I think its around Kemble airfield area. they have a 100meter full bore range.

Cheers

adrian

cheers Adrian, i had no idea there was one local !!

just had a nose at their website, it only lists a 'fully supervised one on one session' - is that normal for a range ????