Benelli 828U - length of pull

B25Modelman

While I know there are a few topics running on the 828U I thought one dedicated to L.O.P. was required.

I started to review the 28" version of this gun, both with actual inspection at a dealer and online via gun trader. Maybe we all do it, with whatever we buy, we look at the actual product then try to find it cheaper and in a guns case with possibility better wood online.

The dealers gun I held had a L.O.P. of 14 1/2". It felt acceptable and close to my B25's which are 14 1/4". There were (are) no L.O.P. shims in the box for DIY adjustment unlike the drop and cast where shims are supplied.

The Benelli online catalogue states, L.O.P. 375mm standard (365mm & 385mm available). So what does that mean...well, it means you have to be 100% sure of the length you want and ask the dealer to order a gun with precisely that specification or at least within the 3 lengths Benelli (GMK the importer) can offer. If the gun the dealer has in stock is shorter than your requirement they can or are supposed to be able to offer a kit to increase its length. This information was supplied by GMK Sales. Not many (non) online dealers indicate this because they are selling stock guns.

Looking through all the 828U's on GT they are advertised with various L.O.P.'s, 14 1/2", 14 5/8", 14 3/4" and 14 7/8".

So in short, unless the dimensions given on GT are approximate it pays to be wary when buying at arms length RFD to RFD.

Maybe the complexity of the progressive comfort system has forced them to go this way.

Ohhh and a 30" version IS coming soon.

Edited by B25Modelman