crow shooting

Weave

i am a serious cat lover and i am not suggesting that next doors cat should go missing or anything, but we used to shoot rooks and crows with our gamekeeper (now 86 yrs old!) with a stuffed cat. i would not like to speculate as to the origin of the cat, but....

we used about 3 or 4 crow decoys that surrounded a paunched rabbit or some eggs (or pebbles that looked like eggs) and then placed the cat about 15 yards away - it had been stuffed in the "stalk" position - in some longer grass.

you can shoot sack fulls of crows etc that way as they come down to mock the cat. they are relatively undeterred by the shooting.

i am currently searching the internet to try and find a relalistic pretend cat for the abopve purpose. :oops:

i am a serious cat lover and i am not suggesting that next doors cat should go missing or anything, but we used to shoot rooks and crows with our gamekeeper (now 86 yrs old!) with a stuffed cat. i would not like to speculate as to the origin of the cat, but....

we used about 3 or 4 crow decoys that surrounded a paunched rabbit or some eggs (or pebbles that looked like eggs) and then placed the cat about 15 yards away - it had been stuffed in the "stalk" position - in some longer grass.

you can shoot sack fulls of crows etc that way as they come down to mock the cat. they are relatively undeterred by the shooting.

i am currently searching the internet to try and find a relalistic pretend cat for the abopve purpose. :oops:

If you put out some cheese you can attract mice. Shoot a few of these and you can stuff them to attract cats into your pattern!!!!