Tasco rifle scopes

arichmond64

It's probably a copy off eBay.

For £25 you pays your money and takes ya chances.

ive got a tasco 3-9x50 with illuminated reticlue, it came of ebay for 30note all in. ive found it to be a great scope and pefect for my needs (hunting,mostly lamping for bunnies) although ive never actually used the illumination as yet it seems good with 10 brightness settings, mine came all the way from china (so dont know if its original or a copy) and i think it was worth the wait

lee ;)

I bought a 'nikko 6-24 x 50' from e-bay,cost me 34 quid with the postage etc...

I know its a copy and the price is a bit of a clue but honestly it has been great,my old scope cost me about 120quid and was not as good as this one.I would definately buy another one from china,as others say its up to you if you take the chance but I am glad I did :)

the delivery time for mine was 5 days so not as bad as i expected either

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rifle scopes are the same as all things you spend money on, if you want a cheap price you get a cheap scope, it will work but it wont work well. Think about how many rifle scopes you've bought over the years, it probably adds up to a substantial amount of money probably in the hundreds and your still no further forward in finding a scope that is good enough to keep. I swear by Swarovski scopes, they are expensive but you get what you pay for and you will never need to replace it cause you cant get anything better. If you did decide to replace it for any reason 'not that I think it would be likely' you would practically get your money back when you sold it. If you get the opportunity have a look through a Swarovski scope, you'll be amazed at the difference in quality and thats just looking through it, imagine what it'd be like to shoot with. Give it some thought, it makes sense!

With Swarovski scopes STARTING that's STARTING at £450.00 quid you'd better hope you never drop the ****** or you'll probably chuck yourself under a bus afterwards.

For a novice on a budget AGS, Hawke or even SMK do a 3x9x40 mildot that won't break the bank nor your heart (if you drop it)

As to any of these 3, you will be hard pressed to tell one from the other bar the name badge as they probably all came out of the same factory in China. They all work reasonably well tho not in the Swarovski class (nor price bracket)

Get some decent mounts tho'. I bought some Accushot mounts from J Ramsbottoms a month ago for £12 quid inc postage (a bargain) tho probably not right for your particular rifle. All I'm saying is shop around.

Don't be put off by the low price of some of theses optics, you may not need a Rolls Royce to get you from A to B when "Ford Fiesta Money" will get you there with enough left over to go to the pub on.

Yes I accept the "you get what you pay for" argument but everybody aint got meggabucks to lavish in the first palce.