Decoying in the wet

dazzyboi

Woodpigeon will still feed if it's wet or raining. Only if it's heavy rain do they seem to get put off. I think we'll be put off more from the wet than the pigeons.

Although I'm pretty sure that they don't like thick clumpy mud stuck on their feet so you may have to be a bit more particular about where you set your decoys out.

only problems i can see in wet conditions are:- mud- hard to get about in,and birds are not to fussy landing in wet mud

decoys,some shine terrible whilst wet.real bird decoys,seem to mist over when wet ,need a shaking every now and then to get water off. and if it too heavy ,birds dont fly about much .and youll make a right mess on farmers field walking back and for in mud,if hes planted,might not be too pleased. :exclamation:

yeh there right they do eat in the rain and heavy rain, i went shooting on my birthday in august and it was peeing down ( thot we were goin to get about 2!) but ended up was swarming with them and got around 60 ! cant remember how much exactly but 3/4 of them was woodies :good: (nice dinner) :rolleyes:

GM