BELGIAN SIDE BY SIDE TOP LEVER SPRING ASSISTED OPENER 410 DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN N.Yorks

nabbers

Forgive the plagiarism, below is the description from when it was advertised by EmmaRifles as are the photos from their website prior to my ownership.   I will just add that it was serviced by Skipton Gunrooms 4 shots ago!

BELGIAN SIDE BY SIDE TOP LEVER SPRING ASSISTED OPENER .410 DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN.

.410 Side by Side double barrel shotgun with hold open top lever opening. No actual makers name stamped. As with so many shotguns like this the Belgian proof stamps are about the only clue as to origin. This is a none ejector double trigger with fixed choke 28 1/8th barrels. Cylinder and full with 2 ½” chambers. It is actually quite a nicely made little shotgun. Spring assisted opening. Though bores are not as bright as I would like there is no major pitting as so often found in older .410 shotguns. The plain action is bright finished and sports a manual safety. Quite a nice straight grained, reasonably figured 14 ¼” stock. That finishes with a metal but plate. Chequering, though not described as sharp, is still well defined.

Not quite sure if the actual gun number is as low as 3 but both the action and barrel are stamped as such and if not it’s an NVN candidate.

Last one (?) similar to this was purchased by a gentleman who took it out on a small family /walked up shoot the day after he took delivery and accounted for something like 8 out of a total bag of 24 with 8 guns! To say he was happy is a major understatement.

Ideal for a smaller lady or youth OR as above a ‘perfect oddity’ to take out as a bit of great fun.

Honestly add the makers label and some engraving and this could be a H&H, I wonder if its been a prototype or salesman's sample...£350. 

Belgian-410-SS-BL-NE-No-4-100x100.jpg

Belgian-410-SS-BL-NE-No-5-100x100.jpg

Belgian-410-SS-BL-NE-No-7-100x100.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...