Armsan Paragon Grande - Parts question

maskedkhan

Good Afternoon all,

I have recently purchased an Armsan Paragon Grande (new) from my local gun shop but have found to be a pain to cycle cartridges reliably.  I am currently using 29 gm loads (which is intermittent) but have also used 32's which have shown different results (Black Gold's work fine but Hull High Pheasant's wont cycle). I don't want to be paying high prices for cartridges just for shooting pigeon!

On stripping the gun, I have noticed a notched ring that sits inside the gas cylinder (pic 1) has but cannot find any mention of this part on line or in the manual. Clearly it was in the gun when I bought it so surely it is needed?!  The exploded view (Pic 2) only shows (what I believe) to be the rubber o-ring which sits inside the gas cylinder.

I have not tried test firing without the this notched ring for fear of causing damage.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this weapon system who could shed some light for me please?

Thanks all

Pic 1.jpeg

Pic 2.PNG